I have decided tonight that this blog demands a song to represent it and all that it’s worth. The selected song to fulfil this great and significant role is Creamy’s 2000 sort-of hit, Help! I’m a Fish!
- Because it’s fish-themed (linking this back to my blog’s roots and my general predicament).
- Because it’s awfully cheesy but yet awfully addictive.
- Back when I first moved to the town of Swindon one could say I felt like “a little yellow fish, in a deep blue sea”.
- You’ll either think “oh my God, this sparks feelings I haven’t felt in years!” or “oh my God, this is garbage”.
- Out of context it makes absolutely no sense at all (seriously, how were they planning to market this song mainstream? The lyrics latch loosely onto the synopsis of the film and the video has no story arch at all. Let’s be honest, it’s hardly up there with Take That’s Rule The World is it?)
- All said and done though, you come away having learnt something interesting, even if it is useless. E.g. in the English dubbing of this noughties Danish animation, Alan Rickman does the voice of the evil fish. Who’d have thought!
Song credit: Creamy, Help! I’m a Fish! from the film: Help! I’m a Fish! (I know, what are the odds?!)
(The full film is on YouTube, but you didn’t hear it from me).